Saturday, September 8, 2012

Superman's Healthcare PSA

Hey everybody!
While researching yesterday's post where the superheroes comment on healthcare I found this PSA of Superman talking about hospitals and the welfare of America from 1952!
Of course back then the healthcare infrastructure was nowhere near as robust as it is today and hospitals were quite uncommon in some areas, and people in those areas who were wary of new hospitals being built were no doubt the target audience of this PSA. I think it's interesting that a Superman PSA from 50 years ago still has meaning today, especially in this election.
If you know of any interesting or relevant superhero PSAs, let me know, and I'll be keeping my eye out for other things like this in the future.
~James
(Found at ComicMix.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment